Real estate. A physical brick and mortar location.
A Brick and Mortar location could mean many things, this could be an office where you perform work but never bring a customer. It could also be a storefront where you bring customers in and attempt to close the sale. Either way, this is your space, design it with your business goals in mind.
Why is it good?
– A physical location has a lot of real benefits, first is it automatically creates an air of professionalism. It can support a work focused mindset. It can be a means of better supervising employees as well as building relationships. This is before you bring your customers in.
– Your location can control the environment in which you interact with customers, from the sounds, smells and appearance of the entire area you can set the tone for the conversation. You can eliminate distraction and get your customers focused on what you want them to be focused on.
– You have the ability to take advantage of the more effective face to face communication methods.
Why it is bad
– Physical locations are expensive, they require rent, utilities, furniture, and a host of other expenses. There can be a lot of value, but the costs are also an important factor to consider
– Location is very important, if you are a storefront a poorly located business could be the difference between success and failure. And good locations aren’t cheap.
How you can succeed
– Begin with the end in mind. What are you trying to accomplish? What is the best way to accomplish that?
– Remember that if your customers are going to enter your space, you need to consider every aspect of that relationship.
A physical location can be quite important but it comes at a cost. Don’t underestimate the value of a well designed storefront. But understand its limitations as well.
If you want to have the opportunity to watch, listen, and participate in these broadcasts live, join our Facebook group Small Business Owners Revolution. Or follow the link below.
You can also follow the link below, it will redirect to our community. You will have regular access to source material, and see more of the content your fellow revolutionaries cultivate within the community that never makes it to the podcast.
We are a content driven, group focused on information exchange and relationship building. It isn’t for everyone, but it could be for you.
We invite you to join us.