Email communication. Be more thoughtful.
Emails are now accepted by all ages as a standard method of communication. It still feels a bit like sending a letter, so it is less valuable for conversation. But it can be a powerful way of reaching people without being hindered by algorithms.
Why they have limits
– Attention is still something difficult to fight over
– People know how to filter
– Junk mail is accepted and understood
– Can be cumbersome when compared with other communication methods
– Hindered by lack of nonverbal cues, and reader bias
Why can be powerful
– Is outside the range of Social/web algorithms
– Can put a message directly into someone’s pocket
– More powerful than social media for customer acquisition
– Infinitely reproducible
– Can be customized and personalized
– Activity can be monitored
– As accessible as text or chat
– Maintains a written record
How to improve
– Be clear and state purpose up front
– Focus on one item per email
– Don’t make bulky paragraphs
– Be friendly and uncharacteristically warm
– Don’t have serious conversations via email
– Say what you need, and when, use bullet points
Email is still relevant, don’t underestimate its importance
If you want to have the opportunity to watch, listen, and participate in these broadcasts live, join our Facebook group Small Business Owners Revolution. Or follow the link below.
You can also follow the link below, it will redirect to our community. You will have regular access to source material, and see more of the content your fellow revolutionaries cultivate within the community that never makes it to the podcast.
We are a content driven, group focused on information exchange and relationship building. It isn’t for everyone, but it could be for you.
We invite you to join us.