Your location as a marketing platform. Your own personal physical ecosystem.
We have touched on it in the past, but your location is a part of your marketing strategy. When we talked about your Brick and Mortar location as your Real Estate, we hit on the importance of location as a form of marketing.
Five Guys burgers originally opened in a back area near some industrial sites. Nothing special, but they centered themselves around working class individuals who loved their product. This strategy wouldn’t work for Gucci.
Why it is good
– Having a B&M location automatically presents a higher position of quality and legitimacy for your business. People may not go to you, but they like to know you are a real business.
– You have the opportunity to set the rules within your location based ecosystem.
– Control, distractors, sounds, 5 senses, and conversation
Why it is bad
– Higher cost, payroll expenses, rent, utilities
– A poor experience or presentation can put someone off of your brand
– Limited reach of your location
How you can succeed
– Tie your location into your overall marketing ecosystem, How do you continue the conversation after they have left your location
– Ensure that the entire location based experience is in line with your branding
– Make deliberate efforts to guide your customer/client through the experience you want them to have
– Experiment, and never stop learning
Location based ecosystem is a physical place for you to control the complete experience. Be deliberate, and consider everything from the customer/client perspective. Never stop trying new things and experimenting.
If you want to have the opportunity to watch, listen, and participate in these broadcasts live, join our Facebook group Small Business Owners Revolution. Or follow the link below.
You can also follow the link below, it will redirect to our community. You will have regular access to source material, and see more of the content your fellow revolutionaries cultivate within the community that never makes it to the podcast.
We are a content driven, group focused on information exchange and relationship building. It isn’t for everyone, but it could be for you.
We invite you to join us.